YOUTH ENRICHMENT CLASSES
Engaging Youth Enrichment Classes Help Children Develop Independence, Self-Awareness and Responsibility
Children will flourish in the welcoming and creative environments we offer through our various enrichment classes. The Recreation Authority of Roseville & Eastpointe is committed to helping children thrive by offering them a chance to learn important skills that will serve them both personally and professionally in their adult lives.
BRICKS 4 KIDZ :
Bricks 4 Kidz® is devoted to providing an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, and we play with LEGO® Bricks. Classes are designed to teach the fundamentals of S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education, built around our proprietary model plans, created by engineers and architects. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
Programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression is celebrated. Specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide kids with the opportunity to solve problems and develop an appreciation for how things work, while having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore all four of the S.T.E.M. concepts; science, technology, engineering and math
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine and gross-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic, interpersonal and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work
Bricks 4 Kidz knows how to keep their hands and their minds busy!
The Recreation Authority offers a Beginners Archery class for ages 8 – 17 yeas old and a separate class for adults ages 18 – 80.
In cooperation with All About Learning, we are pleased to offer a new on-line Video Game Making Class. In this class you will learn how to design and modify your own exciting arcade style video games. Students learn how to control characters, objects, as well as outcomes in you game. LEARN MORE
To discover more about the programs available through the Recreation Authority, please contact our offices directly. One of our helpful specialists will be delighted to assist you.